12/23/02

Print your "Flying While Jewish" card.

A few weeks after the jihadi attacks on 9/11, a U.S.–originated flight was turned around after some passengers became nervous (somewhat understandably) when some Orthodox Jewish men began praying their evening service near the rear of the plane.

I decided to write "Flying While Jewish" as a service to Jews who fly regularly (and for the edification of our non-Jewish readers), and I offer it here for printing for personal use. Please be sure to read and include the disclaimer at the bottom to avoid any "issues" during your travels.
*********

Dear Fellow Passenger and/or Flight Attendant:

I AM AN ORTHODOX JEW (I am not Muslim nor Amish).

IF MY LIPS ARE MOVING BUT I AM NOT TALKING TO YOU, I AM PROBABLY PRAYING.

JEWS OFTEN PRAY DURING TAKE-OFFS AND LANDINGS, SOMETIMES DURING THE FLIGHT, AND WE MAKE BLESSINGS BEFORE AND AFTER WE EAT (EVEN ON AIRLINE FOOD).

(PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO PRAY OVER YOUR NON-KOSHER IN-FLIGHT MEAL; THIS WILL NOT MAKE YOUR MEAL KOSHER, NOR IMPROVE IT'S FLAVOR.)

IF YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN AN ORTHODOX JEW BEFORE, PLEASE BE ASSURED I AM NOT PRAYING TO "ALLAH."

I ALSO WILL BE ONE OF THE FIRST MEN OUT OF MY SEAT TO TACKLE ANYONE HEADED TOWARDS THE COCKPIT DOOR. (I KNOW JEW-DO AND I HAVE A BLACK HAT IN JEW-JITSU).

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION.

*********
Feel free to print for your personal use (not for resale) and please include this notice:

"JewPoint is not responsible for the sense of humor (or lack of same) by Federal Air Marshalls, flight attendants, or your fellow passengers.
Copyright 2001-2010 Jewpoint.blogspot.com"



**************
Share Some Jewpoint!
If this page resonated with you, click on "comments" and leave one, or simply click a button below to share this page via Facebook, email, or your favorite blog, social media, or bookmark service.
**************